wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

The Dame Was Trouble

The Dame was Trouble - Gail Bowen, Sandra Ruttan, Susan MacGregor, Melodie Campbell, S.G. Wong, Darusha Wehm, Pat Flewwelling, Kelley Armstrong, M.H. Callway, R. M. Greenaway, Elle Wild, Hermine Robinson, Natalie Vacha, Alice Bienia, Meghan Victoria, Jayne Barnard

A collection of Canadian Crime Fiction from the best and brightest female crime writers that the Great White North has to offer. From noir to hardboiled, and thriller to cozy mystery, these Dames know how to tell tales to thrill, chill and KILL.

There is nothing like a dame.

Especially when she’s running her own life, marching to her own tune, doing her own thing.

Great detective stories, almost all of which I really enjoyed. There were two that I felt a bit “meh” about, but by and large they were very entertaining. I especially enjoyed reading stories set in my own country. And populated by women who aren’t the slightest bit hesitant about supporting themselves and running their own lives.

Sisters are doin’ it for themselves! Plus, most excellent cover art.