wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

The Death of Chaos (saga of recluce Book 5)
L.E. Modesitt Jr.
The Stainless Steel Rat Sings the Blues
Harry Harrison

TBR Thursday

Honor Bound - Ann Aguirre, Rachel Caine Merrow - Ananda Braxton-Smith Sea Witch - Sarah Henning Troubles - J.G. Farrell, John Banville

This weekend's crop of books.  Honor Bound is the newly released sequel by Rachel Caine and Anne Aguirre.  I rated the first volume at 5 stars, so I'm looking forward to this second installment.

Merrow and The Sea Witch are both part of my MerMay project.  And yes, I know it's not May yet.  But I'll be away during the second half of May, returning for my retirement party on May 31st.  So if I'm going to read mermaid books (and I am) the time is now!

Troubles is the next choice for my RL Book Club.  I've read a few pages on my coffee break yesterday and I think it's going to be okay.  Not what I would have chosen, but then that's the point of book clubs, isn't it?

I'm using up vacation time prior to retirement, so I have next week off work.  I'll also be back at my cousin's house, cat sitting.  Festus the cat is the quite the character, but he's an elderly kitty and requires insulin injections night and morning.  He will be so glad when my cousin gets home on the 27th!

Meanwhile, family here in Alberta all want to celebrate Easter on the same day.  I have three invitations and can only fit in two.  I'm planning to make a gluten-free chocolate layer cake, frost it with mocha flavoured whip cream, and decorate it with candy coated chocolate eggs.  If this is a success, there will be photos.

Have a pleasant Easter, everyone, and safe travels.