wandapedersen39

Guy Gavriel Kay
A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin

TBR Thursday

My Sister, the Serial Killer - Oyinkan Braithwaite A Shimmer of Hummingbirds: A Birder Murder Mystery - Steve Burrows Educated - Tara Westover Excellent women - Barbara Pym The Pisces - Melissa Broder

I've got 2 days to finish The Queens of Innis Lear, which is so far my best book of the year.  The Ancient Greeks believed that you couldn't judge whether a person had a good life until you saw the manner of their death--so until I see the end of the book, I can't be certain of the rating of this one, but I have high hopes.

I have next week off work, burning vacation time before my retirement date.  I'll be cat-sitting my cousin's kitty and puttering at assorted retirement-related tasks.  Plus things like getting my taxes to the accountant and attending another funeral.

But I should have plenty of time to tackle this list of books--these ones are at the top of the pile because they have holds at the library and I can't renew them.  In fact, with Educated, there are more than 780 people waiting patiently.  That's not quite as bad as it sounds, as the library has 149 copies, but it's still significant.

I need to get out my camera again--perhaps I will take some cat photos next week and I want to get back to Menu Mondays soon.  And I want to go out birding in the worst way!

Anyway, enjoy your weekend adventures, friends!