wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

TBR Thursday

Remarkable Creatures - Tracy Chevalier The Five Red Herrings - Dorothy L. Sayers The Fires of Heaven - Robert Jordan After Hello - Lisa Mangum The Silver Chair - C.S. Lewis, Pauline Baynes The Queens of Innis Lear - Tessa Gratton

Holds have been coming in faster than I anticipated and I'm confronted with quite the stack of library books!

First come the ones that I can't renew:  Remarkable Creatures and The Five Red Herrings.  Chevalier's Remarkable Creatures is a fictional version of Mary Anning's life, an interesting counterpart to The Fossil Hunter, the non-fiction version that I recently enjoyed.  The Five Red Herrings will be interesting, as I continue to read a biography of Dorothy L. Sayers, author of the book.

I will pick up Queens of Innis Lear this evening at the library and I suspect that it will also have holds after me.  I will have to read it soon too.

I've read a few pages in The Fires of Heaven, but it is such a kitten-squisher that it's going to take a little while.  And I'll see where I can squeeze After Hello and The Silver Chair in around the other titles.

I have a meeting with my financial planner tomorrow, to discuss how quickly I am able to retire.  Then (shhh....don't tell anyone) I have two unplanned weekend days!  I know I need to do a bit of laundry, but if I don't do any other chores, I'll still be fine.  (That's the benefit of doing an incredible amount of housework last Saturday).

The weather is finally smartening up, sunny and above freezing, so I may venture outside on some kind of adventure!

Have a great weekend, friends!