wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

TBR Thursday

Random Family: Love, Drugs, Trouble, and Coming of Age in the Bronx - Adrian Nicole LeBlanc The Fires of Heaven - Robert Jordan DreadfulWater Shows Up - Hartley GoodWeather After Hello - Lisa Mangum The Silver Chair - C.S. Lewis, Pauline Baynes Quartet in Autumn - Barbara Pym

So I spent most of my reading time last weekend re-reading old favourites, rather than getting to my public library pile.  As a result, I'm still working on Snow Crash and Dorothy L. Sayers.  Also, I've worked my way through about half of the first chapter of Furry Logic.

Snow Crash is my first priority, followed by Random Family.  As a treat, when those two books are finished, I'll pick up DreadfulWater Shows Up, a murder mystery written by Thomas King under a silly pseudonym.

I've picked After Hello because the author is coming to the When Words Collide Conference in August and The Silver Chair to make progress on the Narnia series.  Plus, I hope to Pymalong with Quartet in Autumn.

I hope to purchase my plane tickets this evening and be ready to head to France.  Plus, I've got company coming both Saturday and Sunday evenings this weekend, so some concerted housework will need to happen earlier on Saturday.

I think tonight's job (after the plane tickets) is cleaning out the fridge.  My sister is my Sunday night company and I'm hoping that she'll be early enough for supper.  At any rate, I'm going to offer dessert--I haven't made a Gingerbread Pudding Cake for ages and I think it's time.

Have a great weekend, everyone.