wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

TBR Thursday

Strong Poison - Dorothy L. Sayers The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements - Sam Kean Give Me Everything You Have: On Being Stalked - James Lasdun You Could Live a Long Time: Are You Ready? - Lyndsay Green Lady Slings the Booze - Spider Robinson

So I'm actually almost finished everything on last week's TBR Thursday!  Yay me!

I'm really looking forward to Strong Poison, as I keep hearing good things from several of you (and I'm pretty enamoured of Lord Peter anyway).

And speaking of hearing from the rest of you, it sounds like very few of the Flat Book Society are too impressed with The Disappearing Spoon.  I'll still give it a shot, since I have it out of the library.

Next up is my February RL Book Club selection, Give Me Everything You Have.  I've actually previously read this, but way back in 2013, so this is more a brush-up to allow me to talk about the book with the club ladies.

I've also got retirement on my mind.  I'll be taking a 2 day course in February on preparing to retire.  But I remembered a book that I read way back--it was published in 2010 and that's probably when I encountered it.  The author's thesis:  that we concentrate too much on financials and not on the social aspects of retirement.  So I'm going to revisit You Could Live a Long Time, Are You Ready? now that I'm nearer that event to help me get my house in order.

Finally, I want to get back on track with my Science Fiction & Fantasy Reading Project and the next book on the list is Lady Slings the Booze.  Sigh!  If you're a big fan of puns, Spider Robinson is the writer for you.  Unfortunately I just find them pun-ishing and I'm not too fond of his version of women either, so thank heavens its a short book.

I seem to also be slipping in a number of re-reads of old favourites, so we'll see how much progress I make on this list this week.

Looking forward to seeing what all my friends are enjoying too!

Have a great weekend!