wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements
Sam Kean
Doomsday Book
Connie Willis
Progress: 226/578 pages

TBR Thursday

What Angels Fear - C.S. Harris In the Bleak Midwinter - Julia Spencer-Fleming The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success - Kevin Dutton Lion (Movie Tie-In) - Saroo Brierley

My sister is coming to visit this weekend, so I'm sure my reading time will be curtailed.  For one thing, I have to get the guest room shoveled out so she has a place to lay her weary head!  As I've been unearthing the bed, I've discovered last year's Christmas presents--perhaps I need to make some decisions?

My sister runs a house cleaning business, so I need to have everything clean enough that she won't insist on working while she stays with me.  Not that I would mind the help, but I know that she wears arm braces because of all the scrubbing that she does and I want her to save her effort for people who are paying her.  (Is it evil that I have actually marked off a couple of household projects in my mind that I will enlist her on if she insists on "being helpful"?  Neither should require any scrubbing, just re-organizing.)

But, back to the point of this post, these are the four books that I have out of the public library that have holds on them.  I've got a much larger stack of books beside my reading chair, but these four will have to get first attention.

Have a wonderful weekend!