wandapedersen39

Robert Jordan
Progress: 476/912 pages

Silver Borne / Patricia Briggs

Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs

Mercy is smart enough to realize that when it comes to the magical fae, the less you know, the better. But you can't always get what you want. When she attempts to return a powerful fae she previously borrowed in an act of desperation, she finds the bookstore locked up and closed down.

It seems the book contains secrets - and the fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side - leaving Mercy to cover for him lest his own father declare Samuel's life forfeit.

All in all, Mercy has had better days. And if she isn't careful, she may not have many more...

2018 Re-read:

I felt quite different this time around reading The Silver Borne.  I’m willing to give it a full 4 stars, without reservation.  I also enjoyed the Fae-ness of this installment much more this time around.  Which brings me back to a thesis of mine, that some books need to be given second chances, when I’m in a different mood.

I’m still impatient will all the books that depict women’s relationships as competitive, rather than cooperative.  Perhaps because I’ve encountered more collegial or friendly relationships with the women in my life, rather than competitiveness.  There are always a slim minority of women who aren’t supportive, but I find far, far more who are willing to work together on things.  If there’s more of this female competitiveness out there than I run into, I am most glad that I’ve got a better situation.

I am now declaring myself slump-free, this book having been the last step needed to rekindle my love of reading.