wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

Iron Kissed / Patricia Briggs

Iron Kissed  - Patricia Briggs

Mechanic Mercy Thompson can shift her shape - but not her loyalty. When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to Mercy to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not.

Mercy's loyalty is under pressure from other directions, too. Werewolves are not known for their patience, and if Mercy can't decide between the two she cares for, Sam and Adam may make the choice for her...

2018 Re-Read

Several things struck me as a re-read the third book of the Mercy Thompson series.  Number one, I’m still disappointed that there were no vampires anywhere in this one!  Number two, I’m somewhat disappointed that Briggs resorted to rape as a plot device—I think authors go there entirely too often.  But Briggs did it for a reason: it actually moved the plot along (i.e. brought Mercy & Adam together), and it gave Ben a chance to redeem himself. We learn why he’s such a jerk and we can forgive him to some extent.  Number three, the reader learns far more about Briggs’ version of the Fae, who are dark and tricksy just as I likes ‘em.

And I still wish that Mercy had some women friends to talk things over with.  All of us gals need our women friends!