wandapedersen39

A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin

Blood Bound / Patricia Briggs

Blood Bound - Patricia Briggs

Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.

As I continue my reading journey down memory lane, I realize that right here in book two is where Patricia Briggs and I go separate ways regarding who we want to see Mercy shacked up with. This was the book that to me said, “Go vampires! Stefan all the way!”

You see, I’m just not into being bossed around. Eldest child, bossy in my own right, don’t need to butt heads with some stubborn werewolf every damn day. In fact, every now and then, my gentleman friend will ask me, “Not a vampire yet?” Now I think he mostly asks just to get me to nibble his neck, but he has obviously been studying my bookshelves and has recognized a significant theme.

I’m not sure what the lure of the vampire dark side is for me. But it’s there and I plan to indulge it again in 2019.