wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

Menu Monday

It's fall and there were lovely crisp cabbages available at the grocery store.  I couldn't resist picking one up!  As a result, this week's photos are a bit cabbage-heavy.

First up was Vegetable Soup with Rice and Lentils.  I also had some fresh rutabaga that one of my cousins had grown.  So the vegetables consisted of onions, garlic, carrots, rutabaga and cabbage.

With a spot of toast, it made a lovely lunch.  And I've packed a small bowl for my workday lunch today.

Next up was my trusty Cabbage Roll Casserole.  All the yummy taste of a cabbage roll, but without the fuss of assembling a cabbage roll.

With a dollop of sour cream, it was a great supper.  And I have plenty left to eat as leftovers for this upcoming week, which is a bonus.

Finally, while the cabbage roll casserole cooked, I threw together an Apple-Rhubarb Crisp.  I am now officially out of rhubarb, as I used the last bag in the freezer to make this crisp.  How long until spring?  Oh right, this is Canada.  It will be a while.

So my friends, bon appétit.