wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

TBR Thursday

Parable of the Sower - Octavia E. Butler A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness Slasher Girls & Monster Boys - Jay Kristoff, Carrie Ryan, McCormick Templeton, Stefan Bachmann, Cat Winters, April Genevieve Tucholke, A.G. Howard, Megan Shepherd, Leigh Bardugo, Kendare Blake, Marie Lu, Nova Ren Suma, Kami Garcia

How nice to have only 3 books (out of 10) with hard & fast due dates!  I've been waiting most of the year for Parable of the Sower--the library just recently added a second copy to their holdings, or I would probably be waiting until sometime next year!

A Discovery of Witches actually arrived way to early for Halloween Bingo, so I threw it back and it has now landed on my reading docket for the second time.  This time I intend to read it and enjoy it!

I've already made a start on Slasher Girls & Monster Boys.  It's a book of short fiction, so perfect for coffee breaks at work.  So far, two stories in, the tales are certainly dark, but not something that would freak me out to read after dark.  They're really good--if any one is reading this for Halloween Bingo, I think you (and I) have a treat ahead of us.

The weather has been dreary today--all grey skies and looming chances of precipitation.  When I got to work this morning, there were traces of snow around the edge of the parking lot.  It seems awfully early, but this is Canada and we know that winter is coming!

Enjoy the Halloween reading, folks!