wandapedersen39

Guy Gavriel Kay
A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin

Wrap up for the Summer of Spies

The Hanged Man - P.N. Elrod Her Royal Spyness - Rhys Bowen The Apocalypse Codex - Charles Stross

I am pleased to have finished 28 books as part of my Summer of Spies reading!  I knocked quite a bunch of books off my TBR and learned about some new series and authors that topped it right back up again.

I have to say that I loved the 4 Agatha Christie titles included in the total and that I appreciate the look into Ian Fleming’s work that I got through reading his biography plus 7 (!) of the Bond novels.  I also enjoyed Len Deighton and John Le Carré although I’m not sure that I’ll read much by either of them again.  I was very taken with Helen MacInnes and Somerset Maugham and can see myself perusing more of their writing sometime in the future.

I regret that I never did get to any books by Graham Greene.  His writing is a hole in my reading life that I must fill at some point, but unfortunately not this summer.

True to my fantasy-adoring self, my favourite reads of this summer were Rhys Bowen’s Her Royal Spyness series, Charles Stross’ Laundry Files, and P.N. Elrod’s The Hanged Man.

I hope that all of you who joined me in the Summer of Spies also had fun and got some memorable moments out of the experience.

And now, Happy Halloween Reading, everyone!