wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

TBR Thursday

Voyager - Diana Gabaldon Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy - L.A. Meyer Goldfinger - Ian Fleming A Royal Pain - Rhys Bowen

I'm almost finished In the Month of the Midnight Sun and then I will have to move on to Voyager, as it is due on September 7 and 23 people are waiting for it.  I've waited quite a long time for my turn, so I'm reluctant to return it without reading it.  It is part of my Science Fiction and Fantasy Reading Project and be assured that I will be reading with a notebook at my elbow to record any birdy inaccuracies that occur!  Its a kitten-squisher, so I better get busy with it asap.

I've also got to read Bloody Jack before September 7, as it is the current selection for my real-life book club.  As the member who made the selections for the year, its my duty to have them read and be able to discuss them!

And I still have two hold-overs from the Summer of Spies--Goldfinger and A Royal Pain.  I'm looking forward to getting them cleaned up prior to getting serious about Halloween Bingo.

The Labour Day weekend is just about here.  I've booked Friday off work to extend it to a four day weekend.  There's the usual weekend stuff to do, of course--laundry, a bit of house cleaning, some cooking, grocery shopping, you all know the way the list grows.  But I'm also going to make some time to go to my favourite used book store to look for a growing list of books that my libraries don't have.  Also, I hope to reorganize my paperback shelves and get my Science Fiction & Fantasy project books in better order (and perhaps fitting on the shelves more tidily).

I wish you all happy reading and a great weekend!