wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

TBR Thursday

In the Month of the Midnight Sun - Cecilia Ekbäck The Spy of Venice: A William Shakespeare Novel - Benet Brandreth A Royal Pain - Rhys Bowen Goldfinger - Ian Fleming Voyager - Diana Gabaldon Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy - L.A. Meyer

Can you believe that summer is almost over?  That means a bit of clean up as the Summer of Spies ends and Halloween Bingo begins.

I'm currently working on a non-fiction book Resurrecting the Shark and on Dr. No.  Next up is In the Month of the Midnight Sun, because I've renewed it almost as many times as possible at the library.  The author was originally billed as coming to When Words Collide, but by the time of the conference, she had disappeared from the schedule.  I hope nothing bad happened in her life!

I've got 3 more books I hope to read for the Summer of SpiesThe Spy of Venice, A Royal Pain, and Goldfinger.  Then I am proclaiming my summer reading project finished.

I recently picked up Voyager at the library--it is part of my Science Fiction & Fantasy reading project and there are 23 people waiting behind me for it.  It seems that Gabaldon only writes huge kitten-squishers, so I will have to concentrate on it soon.  It's due on September 7.

And finally, my September book club selection:  Bloody Jack.  We'll be meeting to discuss this book on September 7 also.  In other words, I have my reading cut out for me over the next couple of weeks!

I hope that everyone who participated in the Summer of Spies enjoyed it as much as I did!  I crossed a lot of titles off my TBR and feel like I have a better understanding of the spy genre than I did in May.

Happy reading!