wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

The Death of Chaos (saga of recluce Book 5)
L.E. Modesitt Jr.
The Stainless Steel Rat Sings the Blues
Harry Harrison

TBR Thursday

A Fatal Waltz - Tasha Alexander Moonraker - Ian Fleming False Positive - Andrew Grant In the Month of the Midnight Sun - Cecilia Ekbäck Ashenden, or, The British Agent - W. Somerset Maugham The Gun Seller - Hugh Laurie The Human Factor - Graham Greene

I'm working on Bright We Burn and Last Call which are both due at the library in 9 days!  And I'm still gradually reading a biography of Ian Fleming.  BWB has a waiting list, and LC is an interlibrary loan, so neither can be renewed.  I know how I'm spending my weekend!

However, the When Words Collide conference is approaching at warp speed and I've got 3 books I'd like to get to before then:  A Fatal Waltz, False Positive, and In the Month of the Midnight Sun.  All written by key note authors--I must give Andrew Grant another chance.  I found his spy novel to be somewhat ridiculous, but I'm going to give his murder mystery a try, hoping for better things there.

And the Summer of Spies isn't over yet.  On the docket, I've got Moonraker, Ashenden, The Gun Seller and The Human Factor

Meanwhile, I'm getting all excited over my Halloween reading list.  It's hard to keep my attention on the spies, with Halloween Bingo on the horizon!

I have tomorrow off work and Monday is a statutory holiday, so I've got 4 days to play!  On Sunday, I'll be headed out on two Historic Calgary tours.  Other than that, I've got time free.  Once the laundry is done and the house relatively clean, maybe I'll go to the used book store and add to Mount TBR.

Whatever you do this weekend, have fun and stay safe!