wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

Jade Dragon Mountain
Elsa Hart
Shark Drunk: The Art of Catching a Large Shark from a Tiny Rubber Dinghy in a Big Ocean
Morten A. Strøksnes
Doomsday Book
Connie Willis

TBR Thursday

Heir to the Empire - Timothy Zahn Just One Damned Thing After Another - Jodi Taylor Unbuttoned : a History of Mackenzie King's Secret Life - Christopher Dummitt The Dirty Book Club - Lisi Harrison Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World - Alfred Birnbaum, Haruki Murakami Lion in the Valley - Elizabeth Peters Magic's Price - Mercedes Lackey Smilla's Sense of Snow - Peter Høeg, Tiina Nunnally Tithe - Holly Black The Good Women of China: Hidden Voices - Xinran

My TBR pile has got a bit out of control!!

First ones due at the library are Heir to the Empire, Just One Damned Thing After Another, and Unbuttoned.  There are also holds on Smilla's Sense of Snow and Tithe, but those dates are further away.  Plus The Good Women of China is an interlibrary loan, so I will have to pay attention to it.

Heir to the Empire, Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, and Magic's Price are all part of my Science Fiction and Fantasy Reading Project, which I am enjoying getting back into.

My guilty pleasures are Lion in the Valley (Amelia Peacock, I want to see what you're doing in Egypt this time) and Tithe (Holly Black's world of the Fae is calling to me).  But neither of them will count towards any of my reading challenges for 2018.

My other task for this weekend is to take a load of books to the used book store to trade and to sort out books to donate to the Calgary Reads Book Sale which will happen in May.  I've got to find some boxes that I can part with to pack, too.  (And then in May I'll attend the book sale and undo some of the good that I have done for my bookshelves).

I've also got to bake something to go to brunch on Sunday--I'll probably either make a tried-and-true Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread (http://www.lazyglutenfree.com/2013/06/gluten-free-cinnamon-swirl-banana-bread.html) or I'll try an experimental Pumpkin Pie Crumble (https://www.calgarycoop.com/cooking/pumpkin-pie-crumble).

Have a great weekend, friends!