wandapedersen39

Progress: 174/317 pages
The Mysteries of Udolpho
Ann Radcliffe
Progress: 272/654 pages

Today is my last day of work for 2017!

Dickens at Christmas - Charles Dickens Christmas Stories - Diana Secker Tesdell Adventure of the Christmas Pudding (Poirot) - Agatha Christie Christmas in the Crosshairs: Two Thousand Years of Denouncing and Defending the World's Most Celebrated Holiday - Gerry Bowler

I'm off work until January 4th, 2018, so I won't be around Booklikes all that much until the New Year.  You can see the books that I'll be busy with!

I'm especially pleased to get my hands on Christmas in the Crosshairs because I recommended that our public library purchase it.  Then when I went to put a hold on it, someone had beaten me to the punch and it wasn't due back until January 8th!  I felt much more wrathful than one is supposed to at this time of year!  But that dear person has returned the volume early (and I'm feeling the Christmas vibes, now, so I hope they enjoyed it) and it is waiting for me to pick up this evening.  Peace on earth, y'all.

I'm going on what I'm thinking of as my Christmas procession this year--a day with my aunt & her family on Saturday, Christmas Eve with my sister, and Christmas Day with my niece and great-nephew.  Then, for New Year's, I'm flying to the West Coast to spend time with my other sister and attend a family wedding.  This is going to be one of the busiest Christmas vacations on record!

I wish you & yours the happiest of Christmases and wish you all the best for the upcoming year!  I hope 2018 treats everyone well and I will be happy to return in January to see what you have all been reading and doing and hear all the news.