wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

How is it already December 7th?

Living with Shakespeare: Actors, Directors, and Writers on Shakespeare in Our Time - Susannah Carson The Drowned and the Saved - Primo Levi The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding (The crime club) - Agatha Christie Magic's Promise - Mercedes Lackey Widow's Web - Jennifer Estep The Subtle Knife - Philip Pullman Christmas Stories - Diana Secker Tesdell Hercule Poirot's Christmas: A Hercule Poirot Mystery - Agatha Christie Prince Caspian - C.S. Lewis

We're rapidly approaching the end of 2017 and I'm not ready.  Christmas is coming at warp speed it seems, and I have a family party on the 23rd and I'll spend Christmas Day at my niece's house, staying with my sister in between those two events.  Then on the 29th, I fly to the west coast to see my other sister and go to a family wedding on New Year's Eve.  I'm looking forward to all of this, but I'm wondering when I'm going to get my Christmas cards written, the food contributions prepared, and my suitcases packed.

And of course, I want to tie up the loose ends of this reading year, read some Christmas books, and prepare for 2018.  A bit of Peace on Earth.

Last weekend, I got my Christmas tree set up & decorated.  I'm enjoying the coloured lights, celebrating the upcoming solstice and the return of more light.  These days it feels like I go to work in the dark and go home in the dark--I feel like a mole!

I know I will get it all done.  I always do.  And if I don't, the world will not end.  Keep telling me that.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all.