wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

The Good Gut: Taking Control of Your Weight, Your Mood, and Your Long-term Health
Erica Sonnenburg, Justin Sonnenburg, Andrew Weil
Looking for Alaska
John Green

Faefever / Karen Marie Moning

Faefever - Karen Marie Moning

"He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too." When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

As All Hallows’ Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds—with devastating consequences.…

***2017 Summer Lovin’ Reading List***

This series *should* be perfect for me. Fae of various degrees of danger and friendliness? Check! Mysterious goings on in Dublin? Check! Magical items which need to be collected to prevent disaster? Check! All kinds of frenemies for the heroine, forcing her to make lesser-of-evil choices between them? Check, check, check!

And yet I don’t really connect with this story. I feel like I should like MacKayla more than I do. I should find Barrons more attractive than I do. I should find the end-of-life-as-we-know-it scenario more troubling than I do.

That was some cliff-hanger at the end! But I guess it accomplished something—I put a hold on the next volume of this series at the library! If these endings continue, I may get pulled along further in the series just to see what happens.

One of the last books in my summer of fluffy reading, snuck in over the Labour Day weekend.