wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

The Death of Chaos (saga of recluce Book 5)
L.E. Modesitt Jr.
The Stainless Steel Rat Sings the Blues
Harry Harrison

A Witch's Handbook of Kisses & Curses / Molly Harper

A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses - Molly Harper

Nola Leary would have been content to stay in Kilcairy, Ireland, healing villagers at her family’s clinic with a mix of magic and modern medicine. But a series of ill-timed omens and a deathbed promise to her grandmother have sent her on a quest to Half-Moon Hollow, Kentucky, to secure her family’s magical potency for the next generation. Her supernatural task? To unearth four artifacts hidden by her grandfather before a rival magical family beats her to it.

Complication One: Her grandfather was Mr. Wainwright and the artifacts are lost somewhere in what is now Jane Jameson's book shop.

Complication Two: her new neighbor, Jed Trudeau, who keeps turning up half naked at the strangest times, a distraction Nola doesn't need. And teaming up with a real-life Adonis is as dangerous as it sounds, especially when he’s got the face of an angel and the abs of a washboard—can Nola complete her mission before falling completely under his spell?

***2017 Summer Lovin’ Reading List***

An Irish witch on a special mission to Half Moon Hollow. It’s a cute, fun paranormal romance, in Molly Harper’s inimitable style. But it’s the intersection of this story with the continued adventures of Jane Jameson and Dick Cheney that truly made this worthwhile for me. I’m always interested in whatever shenanigans that Dick is enmeshed in and he features heavily in this book.

Half Nola’s adventures, half the Dick & Jane show, there is just enough of each to keep the plot moving along and to keep me smiling. Perhaps a bit predictable, but with enough humour & snark to keep me reading.

Recommended as light, fluffy summer material.