wandapedersen39

Help for the Haunted
John Searles
Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
The Secret Life of Germs: What They Are, Why We Need Them, and How We Can Protect Ourselves Against Them
Philip M. Tierno Jr.
Misery
Stephen King

A Hunger Like No Other / Kresley Cole

A Hunger Like No Other - Kresley Cole

A mythic warrior who'll stop at nothing to possess her...

After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to find the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to soothe the fury burning within him.

A vampire captured by her wildest fantasy...

Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents—until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae—and their notorious dark desires—ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate her own dark cravings.

An all-consuming desire...

Yet when an ancient evil from her past resurfaces, will their desire deepen into a love that can bring a proud warrior to his knees and turn a gentle beauty into the fighter she was born to be?

Imagine Beauty & the Beast crossed with Outlander. Why a werewolf would speak with a thick Scottish brogue is quite beyond me, but it’s not the only ridiculous part of this paranormal romance.

And it’s a romance only if controlling abusive kidnappers are sexy. Yet, I couldn’t quit reading. Morbid fascination? Unconscious rape fantasies? What the hell is wrong with me?