wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

Urban Enemies
Jim Butcher, Kevin Hearne, Kelley Armstrong, Seanan McGuire, Jeff Somers, Joseph Nassise, Jonathan Maberry
Shadow Rider (The Shadow Series)
Christine Feehan
Dark Lover
J.R. Ward
Bloodfever
Karen Marie Moning

Books I Need to Finish, Already!

A Beautiful Truth - Colin McAdam Deathless - Catherynne M. Valente No Bed for Bacon - S.J. Simon, Caryl Brahms Shadow Games - Glen Cook
— feeling misdoubt

I'm house and cat sitting for my cousin this week and next.  I thought I'd have lots of time to read.  Then when I got to the house last night, I found her brother there, doing some handyman work for the neighbour & planning to stay until Wednesday.  I think he was disappointed last night that I didn't spend more time visiting with him, so tonight I plan to ask him out to dinner.  At least we can talk while we eat.

I need to finish A Beautiful Truth for my real-life book club on Friday night.  (I also need to schedule time to make some rice krispie squares for that event).

Deathless is the next book due at the library, but I'm stalled right now--it's just not engaging me, despite the fact that it's well written.

No Bed for Bacon is good, I just need to have time to circle back to it.  It's an interlibrary loan, so it can't be renewed & I want to get it finished.

Shadow Games is actually the most fun of the four, and I'm holding onto the remainder of it as a special treat for finishing the three above.

Meanwhile, I'm covered in cat hair--every time I cleaned off this morning, Mr Cat walked by to deposit some more fluff on my pants!  Did I mention that he's diabetic, so I'm giving him insulin shots night & morning?  When he heard my alarm go off this morning, he was immediately outside the bedroom door, yodelling.  It's going to be a long two weeks, folks.