wandapedersen39

Help for the Haunted
John Searles
Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
The Secret Life of Germs: What They Are, Why We Need Them, and How We Can Protect Ourselves Against Them
Philip M. Tierno Jr.
Misery
Stephen King

AB Negative

AB Negative - Kevin P Thornton, Robert Bose, Shona Jayne Barnard, R. Overwater, Al Onia, S.G. Wong, Brent Nichols, Axel Howerton, Axel Howerton, Susan Calder, Therese Greenwood, Randy McCharles, Sharon Wildwind, Dwayne E. Clayden, Janice Macdonald

A solid little collection of short stories in the mystery and noir genres.  I have the pleasure of being familiar with several of the authors because of a writers & readers conference that I attend here in Calgary each August.

With short stories, I often find myself wishing that they were longer and more detailed—several of these stories would, in my opinion, have been better suited to novel-length works, or at least novellas.  As with most short story collections, some appealed to me more than others.

It was refreshing to read stories set in my home province and, in some cases, in my own city.  I also give kudos for the very clever title of the volume (AB is the abbreviation for Alberta, dovetailing nicely with the blood group).