wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

Urban Enemies
Jim Butcher, Kevin Hearne, Kelley Armstrong, Seanan McGuire, Jeff Somers, Joseph Nassise, Jonathan Maberry
Shadow Rider (The Shadow Series)
Christine Feehan
Bloodfever
Karen Marie Moning

Spring Tide / Cilla & Rolf Borjlind

Spring Tide - Cilla Börjlind

How could I forget how much I enjoy a good Scandinavian mystery? One of my cousins asked me what I like so much about them and was surprised when I replied that I love how bleak they are! You just know to expect corrupt politicians, ruthless criminals, gruesome murders, and cold, nasty weather.

Spring Tide certainly begins with a particularly cruel murder, witnessed by a young boy. And then the game is on, and the authors hurtle the reader through a twistly, turny, convoluted plot that kept me turning pages.

People who dislike multiple points-of-view (especially occurring in the same chapter) may want to pass this one by. I myself find that style intriguing—okay, there was a page break, who am I reading now? It keeps my little grey cells actively engaged.

Extra credit for being able to surprise me with a few details—I guessed some, but missed other important angles, giving the end of book wrap-up a little extra oomph for me.