wandapedersen39

Richard Ford
Progress: 36/420 pages

Spring Tide / Cilla & Rolf Borjlind

Spring Tide - Cilla Börjlind

How could I forget how much I enjoy a good Scandinavian mystery? One of my cousins asked me what I like so much about them and was surprised when I replied that I love how bleak they are! You just know to expect corrupt politicians, ruthless criminals, gruesome murders, and cold, nasty weather.

Spring Tide certainly begins with a particularly cruel murder, witnessed by a young boy. And then the game is on, and the authors hurtle the reader through a twistly, turny, convoluted plot that kept me turning pages.

People who dislike multiple points-of-view (especially occurring in the same chapter) may want to pass this one by. I myself find that style intriguing—okay, there was a page break, who am I reading now? It keeps my little grey cells actively engaged.

Extra credit for being able to surprise me with a few details—I guessed some, but missed other important angles, giving the end of book wrap-up a little extra oomph for me.