wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

Urban Enemies
Jim Butcher, Kevin Hearne, Kelley Armstrong, Seanan McGuire, Jeff Somers, Joseph Nassise, Jonathan Maberry
Shadow Rider (The Shadow Series)
Christine Feehan
Karen Marie Moning
Brothers in Arms
Lois McMaster Bujold, Grover Gardner

My South African Adventure

I've been away for the better part of a month, on a birding holiday in South Africa.  This link will take you to my Facebook photo album of the adventure, should you be interested.

South Africa is a great country to visit--I would highly recommend it.  The wine is fabulous and we ate some pretty good food, too.  The big infrastructure (roads, airports) is good, but the personal infrastructure (plumbing, air con) leaves something to be desired in some places.  However, as our tour guide reminded us, it is a third world country, despite the first impressions.

I'm very glad I visited and even more glad that I saw all 3 species of cranes and the African penguin, cranes & penguins being my favourite families of birds.

Have a great Friday!