Wanda's Book Reviews

Midwinter Sacrifice
Mons Kallentoft
Living with Shakespeare: Actors, Directors, and Writers on Shakespeare in Our Time
Susannah Carson
Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Trilogy)
Kiersten White
The Shoe on the Roof
Will Ferguson
David Brin
Progress: 309/678 pages

My South African Adventure

I've been away for the better part of a month, on a birding holiday in South Africa.  This link will take you to my Facebook photo album of the adventure, should you be interested.

South Africa is a great country to visit--I would highly recommend it.  The wine is fabulous and we ate some pretty good food, too.  The big infrastructure (roads, airports) is good, but the personal infrastructure (plumbing, air con) leaves something to be desired in some places.  However, as our tour guide reminded us, it is a third world country, despite the first impressions.

I'm very glad I visited and even more glad that I saw all 3 species of cranes and the African penguin, cranes & penguins being my favourite families of birds.

Have a great Friday!