wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

Urban Enemies
Jim Butcher, Kevin Hearne, Kelley Armstrong, Seanan McGuire, Jeff Somers, Joseph Nassise, Jonathan Maberry
Shadow Rider (The Shadow Series)
Christine Feehan
J.R. Ward
Bloodfever
Karen Marie Moning

Dark and Stormy Knights / edited by P.N. Elrod

Dark and Stormy Knights - Carrie Vaughn, P.N. Elrod, Shannon K. Butcher, Lilith Saintcrow, Deidre Knight, Vicki Pettersson, Rachel Caine, Ilona Andrews, Jim Butcher

A very enjoyable collection of 9 urban fantasy shorts. I have only read 3 of the authors before (Ilona Andrews, Jim Butcher, Rachel Caine), but I will certainly search out more work by the other authors in the volume.

Of the 9, there was only one which I found a bit confusing, perhaps because I haven’t read more of her work. With the Ilona Andrews and Jim Butcher offerings, I was familiar enough with their worlds to make these two short works quite enjoyable.  The authors playfully filling in the bits between their major stories.

If you are a fan of urban fantasy and looking to explore authors that you aren’t familiar with, these collections can be a great starting point.

I read this volume for the “Dark & Stormy Night” square of the Halloween Book Bingo 2016.