wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

The Birdwatcher
William Shaw
Living with Shakespeare: Actors, Directors, and Writers on Shakespeare in Our Time
Susannah Carson
Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay

Dark and Stormy Knights / edited by P.N. Elrod

Dark and Stormy Knights - Carrie Vaughn, P.N. Elrod, Shannon K. Butcher, Lilith Saintcrow, Deidre Knight, Vicki Pettersson, Rachel Caine,  Ilona Andrews, Jim Butcher

A very enjoyable collection of 9 urban fantasy shorts. I have only read 3 of the authors before (Ilona Andrews, Jim Butcher, Rachel Caine), but I will certainly search out more work by the other authors in the volume.

Of the 9, there was only one which I found a bit confusing, perhaps because I haven’t read more of her work. With the Ilona Andrews and Jim Butcher offerings, I was familiar enough with their worlds to make these two short works quite enjoyable.  The authors playfully filling in the bits between their major stories.

If you are a fan of urban fantasy and looking to explore authors that you aren’t familiar with, these collections can be a great starting point.

I read this volume for the “Dark & Stormy Night” square of the Halloween Book Bingo 2016.