wandapedersen39

Ian Rankin
The Mummy Case
Elizabeth Peters
Progress: 49/327 pages
The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu: And Their Race to Save the World’s Most Precious Manuscripts
Joshua Hammer
The Great Starvation Experiment: The Heroic Men Who Starved so That Millions Could Live
Todd Tucker
The Green Man
Kingsley Amis

Booklikes Updates

Communication behind the scenes through email with Lurii at Booklikes and over at the Bug Reports page has produced some revelations.

From the sounds of it, BL has had some staffing issues in their tech dept.  They're trying to get their team up to speed and putting out all fires.  They hope to have any issues, such as the email notifications, working by tomorrow, though it could take a hair longer.

The confirmation has come once more that the site is not sold, and there are no plans to do so at present.

Basically, they're dealing with some stupid on their side of things, and that's prevented the communication that could have prevented all of our worries.  I'm told the hope is there will be an update on the blog reflecting these things by the end of the week.

The guess that the extended down time was due to the fact that nobody knew it was down all night... that turned out to be correct.  Hopefully that'll be a situation that can be prevented down the line once they figure out everything else.  Some kind of server monitoring alert or whatever.  Not my area of expertise, but I know just enough to keep up with those who do.

Either way, providing they can iron out things as they claim, I'm calling this good.  All I wanted were answers, and now I have some.  I feel much better now that communication is open again.  It sounds like we'll have Booklikes back up to full expectation in the near future.