wandapedersen39

I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life
Ed Yong

Good and Cheap

Good and Cheap: Eat Well on $4/Day - Leanne Brown

This cookbook is beautifully illustrated, which is somewhat ironic for the recipes are extremely simple and sometimes not all that photogenic.

For example, there are several pages devoted to just "Put this on toast."  Many variations on popcorn.

Still, there is a page on flavour combinations that may come in useful and I did photocopy several recipes that sounded good.  There are several iterations of rice pudding that I will try (Indian Style and Pumpkin Pie) and I'm also interested in Peanut Chicken and Broccoli with Coconut Rice.  But I am a coconut maniac, so of course that appealed.

For those of us who are more comfortable gluten-free, this is not the best book, as it features lots of toast, pasta, and homemade flatbreads.  For those of you who are not avoiding wheat, it may be worth a look.

Happy cooking!