wandapedersen39

Douglas Preston
Guilty Pleasures
Laurell K. Hamilton

The End of Pain / Jacqueline Lagace

The End of Pain: How Nutrition and Diet Can Fight Chronic Inflammatory Disease - Jacqueline Lagacé

Interesting information, but presented in such a stilted way, with such heavy scientific jargon that it was nigh on impossible to hold my attention. Despite the fact that I am a fan of science writing, I found the amount of tech-speak off putting.

It is well researched, with plenty of supporting references. The author is certainly correct that the modern medical establishment is resistant to the idea that nutrition could be at the base of many modern problems. In the current health care model, doctors are much more interested in prescribing pills and ointments than in getting to the actual root causes of chronic issues.

In my own pursuit of solutions to skin problems, I find that I receive lukewarm support from my doctor and no practical assistance whatsoever. In the spirit of “it can’t hurt to try” I’ll be giving Dr. Seignalet’s program a go. If it also helps with my joint aches and pains, as claimed by Ms. Lagace, that will be a bonus feature.