wandapedersen39

Eoin Colfer

Visions of Heat / Nalini Singh

Visions of Heat - Nalini Singh

***Wanda's Summer Festival of Reading Fluff***

Book two in the Psy-Changeling series. I could basically copy and paste my review for book one. This is exactly the same plot, just renaming the main characters.

Pluses:

+ very sex-positive depiction

+ Singh gives those of us who are less interested in the sex scenes a little bit of plot to play with

+ Psy are not always portrayed as cold-hearted, manipulative parents

Minuses:

• Very much a repeat of book one’s plot, except this time we know that Faith can leave the Psy-Net without danger
  • Reading about large cats in “packs” and having “alphas” is just silly
  • Once again, I am stymied by this whole wanting to be completely dependent on a man thing

Now, I get that we as women want to choose men who respect us, want us, and want to spend time with us and have hot sex with us. But do we really want men who always think they know better than we do? Do we want to be shackled to them by our psychological needs? Do we want their whole family group telling us what to be doing all the damn time? It’s like these female main characters are emotionally frozen in the little girl stage of development, all fixated on being rescued by Prince Charming (who is gorgeous and capable of having hot cat sex with us, of course, but respects us in the morning). What happens 10 years down the road, when everybody has reached brain maturity and found out that they resent the limitations of these relationships? And they are tied together by some “mate bond” that they now can’t escape from?

I can’t help it. I’m old. I think about these things.

This doesn’t mean that I don’t think the books are good. Singh is a good writer and she obviously provides exactly what her audience is looking for.