wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

Living with Shakespeare: Actors, Directors, and Writers on Shakespeare in Our Time
Susannah Carson
Barbara Kingsolver

The Dragon Conspiracy / Lisa Shearin

The Dragon Conspiracy (SPI Files) - Lisa Shearin

****Wanda’s Summer Festival of Reading Fluff***

I liked the first book in this series and I really enjoyed this second installment. In fact, I had so much fun that I picked up the book the next day and read it again! And I started contemplating purchasing my own copy. It is that amusing.

I really like the lightness of attitude and the intelligence of the series. It is rather like the Men in Black movies crossed with James Bond, perhaps with a sprinkling of Austin Powers and/or X-Files? In other words, it plays with all the tropes in a fun way without taking itself too seriously.

I like the friendships that are building between Mackenna and her fellow SPI agents, including her dragon lady boss. I am also amused by her Southern sensibilities and the fact that she is just a regular woman (not depicted as some ultra-beautiful person, often ending up covered in food) and that she is sometimes the rescued and sometimes the rescuer.

What can I say? I can hardly wait for book three to be published in January 2016.