wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

Urban Enemies
Jim Butcher, Kevin Hearne, Kelley Armstrong, Seanan McGuire, Jeff Somers, Joseph Nassise, Jonathan Maberry
Shadow Rider (The Shadow Series)
Christine Feehan
Dark Lover
J.R. Ward
Bloodfever
Karen Marie Moning

Reading progress update: I've read 235 out of 352 pages.

Discount Armageddon - Seanan McGuire

Aeslin mice: Sapient, rodentlike cryptids that present as nearly identical to noncryptid field mice.  Aeslin mice crave religion and will attached themselves to "divine figures" selected virtually at random when a new colony is created.  They possess perfect recall; each colony maintains a detailed oral history going back to its inception.  Origin unknown.

Verity has a colony of Aelsin mice living in her NY apartment.  This makes her love life a little complicated.

I gasped, "Oh, God, the mice!"

"What--?" Dominic stared after me, bewildered, as I grabbed the sack, jumped to my feet, and ran to the bedroom door.

"Bedroom privileges have been revoked for the remainder of the evening!" I shouted, chucking the chicken bag into the middle of the hallway, where it was immediately besieged on all sides by tiny, furry bodies.  "I invoke the Sacred Law of Food for Privacy!  Feast, and leave me alone!"

I do adore the mice!