wandapedersen39

Wanda's Book Reviews

Good Me Bad Me
Ali Land
My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding
Jim Butcher, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Rachel Caine, Susan Krinard, P.N. Elrod, L.A. Banks, Charlaine Harris, Lori Handeland, Esther M. Friesner
The Secret Life of Germs: What They Are, Why We Need Them, and How We Can Protect Ourselves Against Them
Philip M. Tierno Jr.
Misery
Stephen King

Getting to Know Me!

Are you named after anyone?
Yes. My middle name is the same as a family friend.

When was the last time you cried?
As I was finishing The Book Thief back in April.

Do you have kids?

None. My niece will have to be my contribution to the next generation.

If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?

Yes! We would travel together, drink a lot of coffee & wine, and collaborate on many projects.

Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Occasionally—probably more than I realize. And I am a champion eye-roller.

Will you ever bungee-jump?
NEVER. Just standing on a high balcony makes me nervous!

What’s your favorite cereal?
Oatmeal—it’s also the only one I will touch since I discovered I am sensitive to gluten.

What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Attitude—optimist or pessimist.

What is your eye colour?
Greyish green, but it really depends on my mood and what colour I’m wearing.

Scary movie or happy endings?
Happy endings.

Favorite smells?
Cinnamon, vanilla, lilacs, Easter lilies, Wolf willow, roses, pansies, Thanksgiving turkey in the oven, the fresh air of the prairies, a freshly mown hay field, the smell of harvest-time in the wheat fields.

Summer or winter?

I love all four seasons—winter is cozy, soup-making season, spring is flowers & showers, summer is long, lazy days and autumn is my beloved back-to-school season.

Computer or television?

Computer. I haven’t owned a TV for at least 4 years now. But books come before both.

What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?

Not sure which is furthest away from Calgary—Australia/New Zealand may be by mileage, but Antarctica felt the furthest away by its sheer remoteness.

Do you have any special talents?

I am excellent at analyzing things, taking several different aspects and seeing how they fit together. I’m pretty good at writing, and I learn things quickly. I can also recognize all my coworkers by hearing their steps before I see them.

Where were you born?

A teeny town in rural Alberta, Canada.

What are your hobbies?

Birdwatching, traveling, reading, photography, genealogy, attending Shakespearean plays, paleontology, and cooking/baking. There is never enough time to do it all.

Do you have any pets?

Not currently. I used to have two bunnies and I hope to have rabbits again in the future, but right now I spend long days at work and I travel a lot--that isn’t fair to a pet. But I aspire to become a Crazy Bunny Lady in later life.

Favorite movie?

I don’t go to see many movies—but I do enjoy the Star Trek franchise.

Do you have any siblings?

Two younger sisters.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

A retired woman who can get on with all of those hobbies & catch up on the housework too!